Mexican Tortilla Soup
This is probably our favorite at home dinner. It is insanely easy to make, delicious, and good for you. This is another recipe that I had posted once upon a time on my 101/1001 blog, but decided to repost here with some changes Shane and I have made over the past year.
we normally split this in 2 and maybe have a little left over
1 bag frozen pre-cooked shrimp (sometimes we use chicken)
1/2 white (or red) onion
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes (we use Mild)
1 tsp garlic
4 cups chicken broth
- Cook meat how desired and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Simmer veggies (onion, tomatoes, garlic) in pot until soft
- Add meat to pot.
- Add chicken broth to pot.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, and avocado.
(if split in half – including shrimp and 24 bite size Tostitos chips)
- Calories: 426
- Total Fat: 23.4 g (mostly from the avocado)
- Total Carbs: 42.2 g
- Protein: 16.8 g
I've created Imagine Balance to help document my journey to a more balanced life.
In yoga, balance is much more a state of mind rather than a physical ability. I want to imagine balance so that I can achieve it.